Top 9 Things You Can Do To Prepare For the Coldest Months Ahead
The cold and harshness of winter is upon us, and we never really know how serious Mother Nature will get with the season!
We all love to feel safe and be cozy in our homes during freezing winters. However, sometimes, and often during a blizzard or a long, sub-zero winter night, something goes wrong that affects the heating or safety of your home and all of a sudden you and your family are stuck in cold waiting for the solution to get to you.
At UGI Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, having decades of experience and seeing first hand how such unexpected situations can cause big time inconvenience, extra expenses and even health issues, we can tell you with confidence that the philosophy of “better be safe than sorry”, and taking a proactive role really pays off!
So, instead of waiting for something to break and then trying to figure out what to do about it, how about selecting preventative maintenance for your home’s heating system to ensure that you and your family are protected during the coldest months of the year when anything can happen?
When you think about it, it’s not just the heating that can stop working; there’s also a real possibility of having frozen pipes, leakages, and much more.
As we live in colder climates, it’s only wise to prepare for the winter season – here are a few top things that should be taken care of:
- Heater cleaned – your heater should be inspected and cleaned by a professional licensed HVAC contractor
- Heater filters cleaned
- Purchase a Service Agreement for your home HVAC systems. UGI Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers service agreements that will cover parts and labor should you have an unexpected breakdown.
- Attic and/or basement Insulated
- Windows insulated
- Ceiling fan switched to reverse direction – to blow downward on the lowest setting, sending the heat down from the ceiling
- All outside vents cleared from snow
- Carbon monoxide detector plugged in and has fresh batteries. Since detectors typically have a shelf life of 7 years – the date should be checked to ensure your detector is still good
- Smoke alarms checked and batteries replaced every 6 months
So take action before it’s too late and prevent horrid surprises and expenses – make sure your home is winter-ready! Call on UGI Heating, Cooling and Plumbing who has been providing a full range of high-quality home comfort products and services for over a century.
We provide more than just expert service, repair, and installation of heating systems, winterization and other HVAC services – we provide peace of mind!
Our outstanding team of technicians takes a lot of pride in delivering solutions for your home, keeping your family safe and warm during long and severe winters.
You and your family deserve to relax and be cozy in your own home regardless of the weather conditions, so trust UGI Heating, Cooling & Plumbing technicians for all of your whole-home HVAC needs in Lancaster, PA, Reading, PA, Harrisburg, PA, and Bethlehem, PA.
Don’t wait for heaps of snow and freezing temperatures – UGI Heating, Cooling & Plumbing’s experienced team is ready right now to make sure your home is warm, safe, and comfortable!
We invite you to contact us for more information and to make an appointment.