What is an energy audit?
A comprehensive energy audit is an assessment of your home’s energy use, using both a thorough visual inspection for your home combined with technical instrument analysis. We uncover inefficiencies that are detected using infrared technology and blower door testing.
We perform the following:
- Survey of the exterior of the home
- Homeowner interview
- Evaluation of the home’s insulation value (R-Value)
- Combustion appliance zone testing
- A blower door test – depressurization of home and test for air infiltration
- Evaluation of existing heating, cooling and water heating equipment
- Evaluation of the building envelope and ventilation system
- Evaluation of larger electric utilizing appliances
- Identify energy savings opportunities
What to expect:
- Expect a one-on-one interview in your home with one of our auditors to establish what concerns you have.
- An energy audit typically takes about 4 hours to complete.
- The auditor will take pictures of our findings and will provide in final report.
- You will need to collect the last 12 months of your utility bills to review with the auditor.
- Auditor will gather all information and return for a follow-up visit to review all photos, results and list of recommendations with you. We will determine an energy savings which will provide the fastest payback in energy savings.
- After the Home Energy Audit is Completed a full report is provided outlining an energy savings plan. You now have a report that shows your energy savings, payback period & goals. You are now on your way to fulfilling your energy savings goals.
All of our energy auditors are BPI certified
They have received extensive training through written and oral exams on evaluating the overall performance of your home. Be confident that you have a true expert in your home. We are the most trusted name in heating, cooling and plumbing services.
We look forward to starting your journey through energy conservation.
Schedule your energy audit today!